Below are directions from Guelph to the various homes. This is the route for the pre-tour on Thursday, November 14th. For Friday, November 15th and Saturday, November 16th tour goers can visit homes in any order they wish. Note, there is a map in the ticket as well that you can reference.
Please make note of the directions and parking instructions for the home at 35 John Street in Salem as this home is a little more challenging to find.
Also note, that when visiting Hope House on Thursday and Friday evening, due to challenges with parking downtown, we have made arrangments for you to park at Church of Our Lady and a shuttle will bring you down to Hope House. Unfortunately, this is not available on Saturday for the tour.
Christmas JOY Tour 2013 - PRE TOUR ROUTE
The Thursday evening pretour on November 14th starts at 6:30 pm at home #1.
Home #1 485 Avruskin Street, Salem
From Guelph to Home #1
- head up Woolwich which turns into Hwy 6 North
- left onto Wellington Rd 7 (sign to Elora)
- go for approximately 10 minutes
- Keep on this road, past the lights in Elora and past the cemetery
- 1.9 km past the set of lights in Elora, turn right onto Avruskin
- House is on the corner on the right hand side
From Home #1 to Home #2 35 John Street, Salem Distance: 1.0km
- out of driveway Left onto Avruskin Street
- right onto Wellington Rd 7
- right onto Woolwich Street W (Esso Station)
- after bridge, slight right onto Geddes (Woolwhich Street turns into Geddes Street)
- Follow Geddes PAST John Street and turn left of Stumpf Street
- Turn left and park on Bricker Avenue or Marr Drive
- Follow the walking path on Bricker Ave to John Street home.
Home #2 to Home #3 70 Water Street, Elora Distance: 2.2km
- out of driveway turn right onto John Street
- left onto Geddes Street
- Geddes turns into Metcalf Street, follow Metcalf across bridge
- Left onto Water St (just passed LCBO)
- Destination on the left 70 Water Street
Home #3 to Home #4 50 Thompson Drive, Guelph Distance: 23.9km
- out of driveway turn right onto Water Street and follow to Metcalf st
- left on Metcalf Street. Follow to round about and take first exit to lights at County rd 7
- left on County rd 7, follow to Hwy 6 south
- take Hwy 6 south to Woodlawn Rd
- left on Woodlawn Rd
- Follow to Victoria Rd and turn right on Victoria Rd
- Left on Eastview Road
- Right on Starwood Drive
- Right on Thompson Drive, 50 Thompson Drive will be on your right.
Home #4 to Home #5 7814 Stone Road East Distance: 6.2 km
- Left out of driveway onto Thompson Drive
- Right onto Starwood Drive
- Right onto Watson Parkway
- Left onto Stone Road East
- Destination 7814 Stone Rd E on your left
- Turn into driveway and follow parking attendant instructions to parking lot
Home #5 to Home #6 23 Hickory Street Distance: 7.3km
- Turn right out of driveway onto Stone Rd E
- Follow to Gordon Street
- Left onto Gordon Street
- Right onto Oak Street
- Right onto Hickory Street
- Destination is on your right 23 Hickory Street
Home #6 to Home #7 31 Oxford Street Distance: 4.4km
- Left out of driveway onto Hickory Street
- Left onto Oak Street
- Left onto Gordon Street
- Follow Gordon. Gordon turns into Norfolk Street
- You will enter the downtown area of Guelph
- Left onto Oxford Street
- Destination will be on your right. 31 Oxford Street
Home #7 to Home #8 134 Dublin Street (Walking distance from Oxford)
- Right out of driveway and approx. 79 meters up the road. Home is on the corner of Oxford and Dublin Street.
Home #8 to Hope House (Park at the Church of our Lady and catch a shuttle to Hope House ON THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY - parking at the church is not available on Saturday for the tour)
- From Dublin Street home go left out of driveway on to Oxford Street, then right on Dublin Street.
- Follow Dublin Street to Cork Street. The Church of Our Lady parking lot is off of Cork Street. There will be a shuttle to take you to Hope House.